After fashion week, pill models' skin, clinic hair and nails are absolutely wrecked. From the harsh winter to having make up put on and taken off up to five times a day, by the end of fashion week girls have blotchy, dry skin, peeling cuticles and damaged hair. I am so prepared now for the after math of shows that I have curated a wicked fashion week recovery kit which has helped revive my skin and hair over the past week, so I thought I would share it with you!
1. Of course, my all time favourite facial wash by Biore is part of my kit because it helps keep blemishes away and leave my skin so silky soft! This product is available at store such as boots; their whole range is pretty amazing.
2. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This oil has actually been a skin saver because I got a really annoying dry patch on my face from the water in New York (it is very drying and takes your skin some getting used to) so I now mix a squirt of this with my facial cream before I go to bed and now my dry patch is gone :)
3. Simple Facial Wipes were a necessity to carry with me throughout fashion week because often makeup artists would give us cheap baby wipes which were so harsh to remove make up so carrying these which are gentle on the skin was really worth it.
4. My Rose Bud lip balm is the best thing ever. If you have watched my vlog then you would only understand a fractional amount of how horribly cold it was in New york which would make even the moistess (not a word I know) of lips dry and chapped. This lip balm not only rejuvenated my lips but leaves them with a soft shine and lasts for hours! I used to put lip balm on all the time but find I rarely have to now.
5. I love my Loreal False Lash Flutter mascara as after shows you don't want to have to put a ton of mascara on to see a result- taking all that off is a nightmare and hurts the skin under my eyes. This mascara is perfect because it gives me full looking lashes with minimal application, meaning that at the end of the day I don't have to scrub my eyes raw to remove it!
6. That little brown bottle with no label is filled with pure tea tree oil which my mum got from her homeopathist but can be bought at places like Holland and Barratts and chinese herbalists. I use a few drops of this with my facial cream a few times a week and it makes my skin glow and helps get rid of any marks (mainly the mark left by that dry patch I spoke about).
1. In the above picture you can see the silver tube with the navy lid... It is my L'Occitane cuticle oil which I use everyday on the bed of my nails and the edges to help hydrate the skin. During fashion week I would get my nails redone for every show- that was up to three times a day. Many of the manicurists would use our acetone to remove previous polish and this completely dried out my cuticles so this miracle oil has helped restore them to their former glory :)
1. I always rant and rave about Soap and Glory Body Butter which I use only on my legs as it is literally the best moisturiser ever! I mix mine with Johnson's baby oil to add a nice sheen to my legs.
2. Dove Body Moisturiser is what I use on the rest of my body (mixed with baby oil also) as it is super hydrating and lasts without being overly greasy- I dislike products like coco butter because of this.
1. Of course, it had to be my Rosemary hair oil by Weleda! it has just released in the UK under the name 'Nourishing Hair Oil' so will be easier for you guys to get! I could go on all day about why I love this oil but i have already done a separate post about it which you can read here :)